MICHIGAN ASSOCIATION OF AIRPORT EXECUTIVES ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Michigan Association of Airport Executives (MAAE) is a professional airport management organization providing membership services to airport professionals located throughout the State of Michigan. The MAAE maintains an academic scholarship for students who are studying aviation management and are currently enrolled in Michigan colleges and universities or residents of Michigan who are enrolled in a college or university outside the state.
The MAAE offers one $1,000.00 scholarship to a full-time student or $100.00 per semester hour to a part-time student who is actively pursuing a baccalaureate or associate level degree in an aviation management related program. The scholarship applications are evaluated by the MAAE Academic Relations Committee and awarded by the Executive Board.
To be considered for the award of this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be enrolled in a baccalaureate or associate level Aviation Management Degree Program at an accredited university and plan to continue this pursuit the following year.
2. Be a resident of the State of Michigan if attending a college or university outside the state.
3. Be of sophomore, junior or senior standing at the time the application is submitted.
4. Have achieved academic proficiency (grade point average) at the time of application of 3.0 or better (based on a 4.0 system).
5. Submit a 250 word (maximum) typed, double spaced paper on an airport management topic of the applicant's choice.
6. Applications must be accompanied by a copy of a transcript or semester/quarter grades from the applicant's college or university.
7. Applications must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a member of the Aviation Department faculty at the institution in which the applicant is currently enrolled.
8. Applicant must not have previously received the scholarship from the Michigan Association of Airport Executives.
9. Applicant must complete all requested information on the scholarship application form and sign the document.